Digital Innovative Solution in API Development Using Best Practice of Inventam Tech
The majority of developed applications for mobile devices retrieve their data through an application programming interface (API). In this blog, we are going to define an API as a concept in computer programming where a set of services, tooling, and protocols make data accessible to applications. The importance of APIs for businesses means to develop a plan for proper API development, which is not optional, it’s crucial. The APIs that have the most value and use for the enterprise are less like sets of code and more like curated products, catering to the specific needs of customers. The specially designed to be consumed by specific audiences with well-documented, so the users can have certain expectations of the API maintenance and lifecycle.
Inventam Tech Solution provides Cloud API Services that are easy to create and are user-friendly to open your platform for new business opportunities. Generally, the API Development process enables the full API lifecycle from designing to building, testing, to deployment, all while improving time-to-market and developer productivity. All APIs developed with software development lifecycle methodologies that can connect to any application or source of data and possess a powerful set of capabilities to process and compose the data. APIs are also secured by its designing terms through automatic API registration and plug into a fully-featured platform for analytics with developer communities. Change is a constant; that’s why, the API should be a core strategic element in faster deployments, rapid changes, and innovativeness.
Types of APIs:
1) Open APIs- Public APIs are implied to be open without restrictions on access for everyone.
2) Partner APIs- Partner APIs are implied to be accessed with extended through a licensure model.
3) Internal APIs- Internal APIs are custom-built for in-house enterprise channel’s services/products.
4) Composite APIs- Composite APIs are a sequence of processes triggered of tasks to execute.
As the above-mentioned categories are influencing API development, we think readers should also know about the overview of web service APIs.
Types of Web APIs:
1) SOAP- SOAP is a Simple Object Access Protocol, which is a predefined set of rules that allows the transmission of such messages. It also used Web Service definition language (WSDL) to publish details of its interface. It uses proprietary XML format message transfer.
2) REST- REST is Representational State Transfer which has offered immense API development value as requesting codes can limit the scope of their request for specific data than point to an entire block of information. RESTful APIs are designed in conjunction with the REST protocol.
3) XML-RPC- XML is an Extensible Markup Language which is using for data transfer. The main advantage is its bandwidth consumption, which is relatively lower than other web service APIs along with it is easy to execute.
APIs developed with best practices are easy to build, products, deploy, and change. In this blog, we gathered some of the best practices and tips to follow when developing great and customizable APIs with a special emphasis on those principles that have a good chance to be used by mobile clients.
Principles of API Development: The best practices of API development have been created to facilitate the development of the most valuable APIs success in your organization. The principles of API development Inventam Tech have curated are as follows:
Create Expectations: When working with developers, it is critical to inform them of what is expected. So, Developers must know what is expected of them, when it should be delivered and what pain points they are looking to solve with API functionality.
Service Messaging: When creating new products and services, or transforming existing products and services, it’s paramount to make sure those products and services you are looking to create or improve the APIs that provide access to align with business goals.
Case Studies: You got to prove you practice what you preach. It’s key to back up assumptions with viable case studies that can illustrate the improvements that API adoption will give to clients.
Documentation and Support: Make sure the proper tools have got to be in place for the dev team to document their progress, as well as address the change management in order to expose the capabilities of a great API. Ensure that support for the development team should be readily available.
SDKs and Libraries: Providing the needed resources to the development team ensure speed of service development and implementation by offering resources that contain reusable code and processes.
Best Practices When Planning an API Development: “Understand Why You’re Building an API” According to Hareen Desai, an Inventam Tech expert, that you must be having the understanding of why you are building the API. Some important points for developers to ask include:
- Right target users of this API.
- Right products should be working with.
- Right use cases for integrating with the API.
- Right technologies should be used to integrate with the API.
- Right other service client wants with API to interact with.
List out the User Functionality of the API: After getting the reason for building an API, you should map out what exactly the API will do. By listing the complete list of functionality, you should see exactly how your users will be using your API, and also how your API needs to work together. You can involve customers at this point and ask them what important features required, which allowing you to prioritize them or even find cases that you didn’t consider before.
This blog proposed best practices for developing APIs by presenting several types and challenges with solutions specifically targeted for mobile clients. When developing an API, most development teams understand there are pros and cons of each decision, so a good rule of thumb in these situations is to be consistent in your approach. Your API will be in use for years to come. But if you build it with only today’s tech in mind, that may not be perfect. Adding “Quick Fixes” may seem easy in right now, but everything you are developing should be thought out to make sure your API continues to do its job for years to come. Inventam Tech Solution’s API development services is a modern approach to designing and developing APIs. So, don’t stop thinking about your ideal “IDEA” and start working on it by hiring our dedicated API developers to transform into reality with huge features along with custom APIs.